Dear Archbishop Lagdameo,
We, in the Association of Major Religious Superiors of Women and Menhave taken to heart the admonition in your pastoral letter Seeking the Truth, Restoring Integrity, on February26, 2008, urging us to do communal discernment and communal action. We have watched. We have prayed and we have acted. We have launched Truth Fora, Truth Masses, Symposia on Truth, Accountability and Reform and have taken part in public ecumenical and interfaith prayer rallies regarding the burning issues in our Philippine society. We have joined hands with many truth and peace-lovingFilipinos (as individuals and as organizations) in the celebration of the Truth Fest in August.
All these initiatives hopefully have raised the moral consciousness of our people. More and more Filipinos are clamoring for truth, accountability and reform from our government officials. It would be of great help to us if you, our pastors and spiritual guides, make moral judgments on these issues: the systemic and all pervasive corruption in society and governance, the unresolved scandals such as the Hello Garci, North rail and South rail projects, the Fertilizer Scam, the NBN-ZTE deal, etc., the continuous attempt to foist CHACHA on us, the alarming Human Rights Violations that are perpetrated with impunity, the recent PNP Euro Scam and other matters that are disturbing a great majority of our people.
At this time when people are losing hope and are becoming cynical and apathetic, a prophetic word from you will be like a Pentecost event, a rekindling of hope and an inspiration and impetus to take active part in social transformation.
May the Holy Spirit fill you with courage and wisdom!
Truly yours in Christ Jesus,
Fr. Jesus Malit, SSS
Sr. Mary John Mananzan, OSB
AMRSP NATIONAL CO-CHAIRPERSONS
1 Comment to “Appeal to the Shepherds”
Search the site
- 2013 AMRSP Joint Biennial Convention
- Concluding Statement of the AMRSMP Convention 2012
- APWRATH and AMRSP-WGC join “Walk for Freedom” Activity
- APWRATH Regional Conference Builds Network to Fight Human Trafficking
- Concluding Statement of the 2012 AMRSWP Convention
- APWRATH To Hold Its 1st Regional Conference on Human Trafficking
- A CALL TO MORAL INTEGRITY, TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY IN GOVERNANCE
- hosting on 2013 AMRSP Joint Biennial Convention
- sac pliage longchamps on 2013 AMRSP Joint Biennial Convention
- BK Member: Justice, Peace, Integrity of Creation Commission | Bantay Kita on JPICC
- Middle class support for PAL boycott gains ground | Proactive on Urban Missionaries of the Philippines
- Inaction | Center for Media Freedom & Responsibility on Women and Gender Commission(WGC)